Have You Ever Met A Real Estate Hobbyist?
Beware of hiring one to help you with your real estate needs.
Over recent years, the average person has gained access to detailed real estate market statistics through technology that were previously reserved only for those who actively made their living as a real estate agent or broker. Now more than ever, home sellers and buyers greatly benefit when they have a professional to guide them through a complex real estate transaction, rather than a real estate hobbyist.
A real estate agent is an independent contractor, which means it’s up to the agent to manage their own business. And that’s exactly what real estate is – a business not a hobby. Hobbies are personal, while real estate is professional.
The real estate hobbyist is a bad choice, whether buying or selling, especially when the sale or purchase of your dream home depends on the dedication of your real estate agent. You may even know one or you may have had a negative experience choosing a hobbyist to help you buy or sell a home in the past. Here’s a few reasons why you should steer clear of a real estate hobbyist and choose a professional to get the results you want.
- They rarely answer buyer inquiries on their listings.
- They rarely follow up on the showing feedback on their listings which causes their listings to stay on the marker longer than necessary.
- They are hard to reach, because their focus is not on getting your house sold or finding you a new home 24/7. It’s a hobby for them, so they are unable to focus solely on the client.
- They are not highly skilled on current trends, real estate marketing, negotiating or solving problems.
- They have not taken the time to continually learn and hone their skills, because it’s just a hobby for them.
- They may be willing to charge you a discounted fee, because deep down they know that they will be costing you thousands due to their incompetence and lack of effort to get the job done.
Well informed homeowners choose The Fontaine Homeselling System to obtain them top dollar faster, along with a stress free experience. Fontaine Family understands your frustration when there’s little to no communication, because you could lose a buyer. You need answers to your questions or concerns quickly to relieve any unnecessary stress.
Whether buying or selling, call now for a quick response!
Fontaine Family Team
Auburn - 207-784-3800
Scarborough - 207-289-3830
Search all Maine homes for sale here: BrendaFontaine.com